Chester Pelvic Physiotherapy
Chester Pelvic Physiotherapy is run by our team of specialist women's and men's health physiotherapists.
There are many problems that can be treated, improved and even resolved with specialist physiotherapy. Some of the issues that we treat are:
- Urinary urgency or frequency (needing to rush to the toilet or to go often)
- Urinary incontinence:-
- Stress urinary incontinence (accidental loss of urine with sneezing/coughing/laughing/jumping/exercise etc)
- Urgency urinary incontinence (accidental loss of urine associated with needing to go to the toilet)
- Mixed urinary incontinence (a combination of both stress and urgency urinary incontinence)
- Prolapse (a dropping of your bladder, womb, top of the vagina or bowel into the vagina)
- Bowel urgency (needing to rush to open your bowels)
- Bowel incontinence (accidental loss of faeces or wind)
- Dyspareunia (pain during sexual intercourse)
- Vulvodynia/Chronic pelvic pain syndrome (pain in and around the genitals/vagina/anus)
- Perineal pain (pain in the area between your vagina and anus, often following tears/episiotomy in childbirth or surgery)
- Pregnancy-related problems (may include pain or pelvic floor issues)
- Post-natal concerns (may include pain, abdominal separation/weakness, pelvic floor issues)
- Menopause-related problems (may include any of the above problems)
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms listed above, or if you would like a postnatal check up to assess your pelvic floor muscles and your stomach muscles, please book an appointment for an initial assessment and advice.
New for 2022...PelviPower! Magnetic Field Therapy for training your pelvic floor and surrounding muscles. PelviPower combines the latest medical technology with targeted support for independent training.
PelviPowerTM is a gentle, safe & effective method that trains your pelvic floor and the surrounding muscles, without exertion, in your everyday clothes, while conveniently sitting down. The holistic concept combines state-of-the-art medical technology with targeted support for individual training. PelviPowerTM combines magnetic field therapy with biofeedback training method to train the whole muscular system of the pelvis, including pelvic floor, hip, buttock and thigh area.
The therapy is used in conjunction with an individualised treatment plan including exercise and management strategies. It is supported by research and some of the top pelvic health professionals in the UK and around the world.
How does PelviPower help me?
A weak pelvic floor can affect your quality of life in the long term, PelviPowerTM is effective at restoring muscle control and is proven in many areas including:
- Incontinence & bladder weakness
- Complaints related to menopause
- Menstrual cramps
- Improving libido
- Postnatal recovery
CoActive Physio is delighted to be a part of the PelviPowerTM family.
If you would like to find out how PelviPower can help you, please book an appointment for an initial assessment and advice.
I have struggled with stress incontinence for many years but I realised it was getting worse and I didn’t really know what to do about it.
When the new Coactive Physio clinic opened recently I read about their new Pelvic Clinic which offered help and advice for my problem. I have now had two consultations and been given a pelvic exercise regime to follow. Within a month of starting the exercises I am really pleased that things have already improved and I am feeling more confident in myself.